01 December 2008

Zara is Applied

I set myself a deadline of the end of November for applying to the Peace Corps. True to form, I turned it in around 11 PM on November 30th. Huzzah! Unfortunately the PC application website is set to Eastern Standard Time and so the actual time stamp on my application is Dec. 1.

After submitting the application I got to fill out the Health Status Review, where they asked important questions like: "Do you currently have: a missing spleen (due to surgery)?" I guess it is important information, but I appreciate that they specify due to surgery. No missing spleens due to organ theft, or loaning it out. I wonder if before they specified it led people to wonder, "Oh no, what if my spleen is missing?"

I got an e-mail asking for more information about my student loans, which they told me to send to my recruiter. Err, how do I do that? So I got on the Peace Corps website this morning and e-mailed my recruiters office (NorCal, what what). They e-mailed me back in approximately 5 minutes! Maybe less! I need to wait until they contact me to send in the form.

Anyway, the hard part is over. From here on out it's all easy, breezy, beautiful Peace Corps-ver Girl. The hard part being that motivation essay. I wrote over 40 versions, and one rap. I preferred the rap to all the essays. If I don't get into the Peace Corps, I plan on pursuing a career as a rapper.

Word. MC Sykes is out.

No comments: